Monday, March 07, 2005

On my own...

And yes, now that song is in my head...

This week (as I type), Jon is spending a splentastic time at the most wonderful place on earth (***HEAVY DRIPPING SARCASM***), DISNEY WORLD!!! Or I suppose just Orlando, FL in general. So, the Panch and I are left here to fend for ourselves.

As a result of my guilt for leaving Pancho alone so much while I'm at work, class, galavanting around town, etc etc, he has gotten to go on 2 walks since Jon left yesterday morning (which is not to mention the walks he had this weekend before Jon left). Of course, it's raining now, and the balmy 59 degrees of today will be a cold, snowy 29 degrees for tomorrow, so his walk streak might have to end. He is currently nudging me with the hedgehog (his favorite toy), wanting me to, not throw it, but CHASE him around the apartment trying to get it from him. This usually involves many circles around all three tables in our place.

But alas, enough about the Panch. I have a very brief, and perhaps amusing anecdote from my class tonight. My name sign involves a fusion of the sign for "talk" and the sign for the letter "S". This is because I talk a lot (big surprise, i know). However, my class has decided this must be an ironic sign, as they don't believe me that I talk a lot. I should have warned them not to unleash the beast! Anyway, let it not be said that I can't be quiet and reserved.

On a totally different note... (for all of you who even THOUGHT of the horrible music pun associated with that cliche, you should all burn in hell!!!!!!) :) :)

I have, for the past two nights, fought with the urge to drink. Actually, yesterday I was fighting with the urge since 11:00 in the morning. You see, Friday night I discovered a beer distributor that sells Lindemann's lambics (Peche being my personal favorite) by the case. 12 bottles for $65 (which, if you've ever bought a single bottle in a bar, you'll know it's over $9 per bottle, so this really IS a good deal). As I only have 10 left, and I just got the case on Friday, I really need to stretch it out over AT LEAST a month (as I'm sure once it's gone, I will need to replenish promptly). I JUST LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!! Everything about it...peeling the foil off the bottle, popping off the cap with a bottle opener, uncorking the bottle, pouring it into my Lindemann's lambic glass (which I acquired through a crafty maneuver I like to call "stick glass in pants and exit stage left"), and of course, the sweet, tasty goodness of the lambic itself. *drool*

ALAS, I have resisted its siren call for two days!!!! I must be strong!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home