Thursday, April 28, 2005

Almost Friday...

Just a couple of quick links to articles today, as I have to depart in 10 minutes to see a subject:
This is an article which discusses mirror neurons in the brain. The finding of these mirror neurons gives insight into phenomena such as empathy (and possibly "mind-reading"), construction of a concept of "the mind", and disorders such as autism. Very interesting...


Do you live in one of the more depressed cities in the country. Check here to find out.
Pittsburgh is the 14th most depressed city in the country. However, any survey that tells me I would be happiest living in TEXAS makes me leary. Yes, yes, I know not ALL of Texas is bad -- I've heard Austin is pretty nice. However, 3 of the top 4 "happiest" cities are in Texas, and Austin isn't one of them. Anyway, it's very nearly Friday, which makes me very, VERY happy!