Monday, April 18, 2005

Quick weekend update

Friday -
*** Right after work, Coco and I went on a hiking excursion in Frick Park. Blissful moment: feeling like I was in the middle of the woods, far away from cars and buses and people, while still being in the middle of the city.
*** RIGHT after our hike, GEM and LHPJ and I went running - a nice 3 miles. Blissful moment: stopping.
*** Immediately following our run, LHPJ showered while I took Pancho out for a short walk (there are good reasons Pancho loves me). This was followed by hurried minutes of cleaning up, heating up soup (homemade soup, that is - there is a GIGANTO KETTLE of it in our fridge right now, which required the removal of one fridge shelf), and digesting before we were off to CMU. Blissful moment: FOOOOOOD!!!!
*** 2 miles of walking to the quad of CMU to see The Shins in concert. The weather was beautiful, the band was awesome, the crowd was irritating, but tolerable. The only person who really was asking for a boot to the head was the loud girl behind me who would not shut up. Honestly, if you are going to have a conversation throughout the WHOLE SHOW, what the hell are you doing at a concert in the first place??? Of course, I couldn't turn around and whoop some ass, as we were trying not to draw her attention as she had previously hooked up with a friend who was with us at said concert. The things one will NOT DO in the name of friendship. Blissful moment: the band was great, and it was free!!
*** Following the show, we had a nice 2 mile walk back home. Honestly, by the time we reached our street (and still had two REALLY LONG blocks left to walk), I was going to fall over. Can't. keep. going. Blissful moment: the instant of butt hitting couch. I don't remember anything after that.


Saturday:
*** went to the strip. Blissful moment: FISH SANDWICH (i've been over this before).
*** went to a rehearsal/concert. While I was playing a piece which I can list in my top 20 favorite pieces (Carmina Burana), it was overshadowed by the fact that the lights on stage were SCORCHING. It took over an hour for the redness to leave my cheeks after the concert. I was downing water on stage like mad, and I'm sure you can all guess where that story is going... Blissful moment: Pitchers of Margaritas and good mexican food (which Dr. P, is hard to find in da burgh) post-concert.


Sunday:
*** got up early and went running. Ran 4.5 miles. Blissful moment: reaching the end and realizing I had just run 4.5 miles.
*** went to the baseball game. Got to see the Cubs win. Weather was awesome (I even got a little color from being out in the sun). Hotdog was awesome (they never taste the same as when you eat them at the ballpark). Blissful moment: when the loud (drunk??) girl several rows behind us decided to move to a different section.


Monday:
*** got up at 6am and ran again (not nearly as far this time). Blissful moment: seeing the sun rise.
*** came to work. did some work. wrote a long boring post about what I did this week. Made all you people read it. HAHAHA!!! :) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home