Friday, April 29, 2005

Pizza Party

Does anyone else remember that game, Pizza Party?

It had that horrible song in its commercials... "Party, Pizza Party". I STILL get that song stuck in my head. That is, perhaps, the MOST effective commercial I have ever seen. I STILL think of that game everytime I have the stupid song in my head, and it came out in the '80's!

Monday night, on the bus ride home from my class downtown, I got stuck sitting in front of this guy with the bass cranked up so loud that I could FEEL it coming out of his headphones. I could have tuned this out, but he was also rapping along with whatever he was listening to, and he was REALLY bad at it. And to make it worse, he smelled like feet. I'm not sure which was more distracting - his rapping or his foot odor. Somehow I seem to have a knack for picking the best seats on the bus.

I am now playing "Beat the Streak" on MLB.com. This involves choosing a player each day who I believe is going to get a hit. The end goal - to string together a 57 game hitting streak (to beat the all time hitting streak record). In 4 years, it has not been done. The prize - $100,000. Will I win? No. However, there are smaller prizes for reaching milestones of 30, 35, and 45, as well as a prize to the person with the longest hitting streak for the season (tickets to the 2006 All-Star game, which is perfect for me as it is at PNC Park and I wouldn't have to travel!). Will I win? No. BUT, I started 4 days ago, and I have a hitting streak of 3 right now. We'll see if Ramirez can get a hit tonight against Clemens (he has a .600 batting average against Clemens, so I figure it's a good bet he'll get at least one hit tonight).

Sunday night is an all new Family Guy - I can't wait!!!

Next week we leave for Chicago for 5 days. A week from today, I will be at Wrigley field, hopefully watch the Cubs put the smack down on on the Phillies. The last two games I've been to at Wrigley, the Cubs have won: 11-1 (or 2 - I don't remember) and 13-2. Hopefully, this will continue. Needless to say, there may be a larger than usual break in posting starting Wednesday of next week.

Fingers crossed that the rain holds out tonight, as we are SUPPOSED to be going to the game. I'm doubtful, but haven't given up hope yet.

And so, I leave you with something to make you laugh:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home