Monday, September 13, 2004

Fan Appreciation

I've found that the most frustrating thing about reading other blogs are the stupid people who comment on them. I check a couple of different blogs that get upwards of 100 comments per post. However, 90% of those comments are gushing, crappy, ass-kissing remarks about how awesome the blogger is, how talented the blogger is, blah blah blah....it's irritating. And then, when someone FINALLY makes a comment that isn't just flattery, everyone ignores it (which means that everyone ignores me the rare times that I make a comment). Isn't part of the point of blogs to start some sort of dialogue? To connect with people in a way not previously available to us? To communicate and think with others despite not being in the same general area?

SO, in light of that rant, I would like to say that I really appreciate everyone who has ever commented on this blog. Your comments are insightful, funny, engaging, and not pointless flattery. I am not a narcistic person. I am not a person so in need of affirmation that I write a blog so that the masses will adore me and shower me with praise (of course, were I craving that, it would require far more talent on my part to acquire such praise...fortunately, that's not the point!). This doesn't mean every comment should be insightful. Hell no. I appreciate the silly, the fun, and even the frivolous as well. There's a good mix, and that's what I want.

So, thanks. :) You are appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home