Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Too nice to be inside

This is the week of memories-i-wish-i-would-never-have-again-inducing post titles...
This one, after typing it, made me think of signing yearbooks in junior high, and the ever popular:
2 Good
+ 2 Be
----------
4 Gotten

I can say, with pride, that I NEVER reproduced any such crap in anyone's yearbook.

Today, I leave you with 2 articles. The first is another about the German plastination doctor and the collection of his works that is actually touring in the U.S.. I think that Chicago might be the closest it's going to be to Pittsburgh, and I don't know how extensive the exhibit is compared to the one that tours in Europe, but it's probably still worth checking out.

The second is an op/ed article regarding a recent study (though after looking into it more, it's hardly a very valid (and by this I mean the strictly research definition of valid) or reliable (ditto previous parenthetical statement, but with reliable) study) that found most professors are liberals (big surprise), and the author is postulating as to why he believes this is so.n The most notable thing about this article (to me) is just the sorts of restrictions with which these members of academia are being threatened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home