Friday, April 08, 2005

You got to pray...

PRAY!!

There is some commercial on TV now (I don't remember what it's for, to be honest) that stars MC Hammer. The other night, after seeing it, Jon and the Grand Evil Monk started singing MC Hammer songs, including "Can't Touch This", and "Too Legit to Quit". However, the one that has been stuck in my head since that fateful evening is the one from the title of this post. Can't say I remember (or ever knew) the name of the song, but I certainly remember how it went. All week it's been going through my head, Hammer's part and the choir's echo.

"You got to pray, just to make it today..."

BLARGH!!!

*train of thought leading to...HERE*

Apparently there is legislation currently being voted upon in PA calling for the addition of "In God We Trust" to all classrooms across the state. *blank stare of disbelief*
I haven't been able to find any supporting info about this (a coworker told me about it), other than several references to a similar debate that occurred in Pennsylvania in 2002 (immediately post 9/11), such as this article. If anyone finds out anything about this, keep me posted.

Now, be honest, when you read "Too Legit to Quit" earlier (or just now), how many of you DIDN'T do the hand motion (or at least THINK it) that goes along with that song?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home