Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hamburgers and some Vader

"Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith" opens in Pittsburgh tomorrow. I won't be seeing it for a while. *sigh* Having grown up with the original Star Wars Trilogy (seriously, I can't tell you how many times I had seen those movies before the age of 10!), I am excited about this film. True, George Lucas has done some dumbass things in this prequel series (though none dumber than JarJar Binks), and his tailoring of the original trilogy to be more consistant with the new trilogy seems a bit backwards to me (as a good friend said to me, he needs to learn to respect his fans), I've still enjoyed the back-story and the kickass fight scenes (yes, Yoda really is a badass -- it gives me hope for when I once again fall below the towering heights of 5 feet tall in my old age).
To get you all in the mood:


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an amusing, and moderately disturbing story, which Coco-nan the BarConian (maker of crazy CoConut cake) sent to me about Hyperactive Bob, the smart system which alerts fast food workers as to what the next customer is most likely to order, based on the car he/she is driving.
Currently being tested in Pittsburgh-area Mickey Ds, Taco Bells, and Burger Kings, Bob also seeks to make predictions based on personal and vehicle demographics—whether it be incoming Escalades full of rappers with Big Mac munchies or minivans full of post-AYSO Happy Meal and orange drink fiends with salad-prone chauffeurs.

Mmm...Big Mac munchies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home