Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Follow-up

Okay, so I've done a little more research and discovered I was somewhat mistaken about The Patriot Act. Yes, the government can perform searches unbeknownst to the individual who's premises is being searched. HOWEVER, the government DOES have to notify that individual of the search EVENTUALLY. I'm not sure if that's much more comforting, as there is nothing in the law which dictates within what time frame the individual must be notified.

Anyway, as I don't want to be the perpetuator of false info, I figured I would clear that up. My source of reference was Fact Check, which I highly recommend as a good source for finding out the truth behind political ads and statements made by various partisan groups. Fact Check is a non-partisan organization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home