Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Something about the name George?

Courtesy of my friend Jeni:

Yah, the "You're so beautiful" exchange has been quoted as a contender for "worst dialogue of the year" award by almost every critic, although my personal favorite critique came from a critic noting Bail Organa's comment that he and his wife have been thinking about adopting a child: "Thanks, Senator Needless Exposition!"

"There were times when I issued a threat to tie George up and make him repeat his own dialogue."
--Harrison Ford on making Star Wars.

"Acting in this movie, I felt like a raisin in a gigantic fruit salad. And I didn't even know who the coconuts or cantaloupes were."
--Mark Hamill

"They don't exactly give you a course in acting in a science fiction movie. At one point I'm supposed to react to seeing my planet blow up. You know, there go my parents, my record collection, everything. What do I see? A hand waving to tell me where to look."
--Carrie Fisher


Harrison Ford's quote is my personal favorite. Fortunately for the original trilogy, the actors were savvy enough to change the dialogue whenever possible.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news --- we just got our unrated cut of "Team America: World Police" and watched it the other day. wow. I thought the puppet-sex-scene was jaw-dropping in the RATED version.....

2 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you enjoy the puppet sex, you should love this...

http://home.comcast.net/~ripdor1/get_some.mpeg

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Schna said...

the best moment is the very end - the roll over onto the back satisfied moment. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home